- Highlights in Web Search and Data Mining Ph.D. course “Computer Science” at the Dept. of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics of the UniversitÓ Ca’ Foscari di Venezia. Material is available here: https://bitbucket.org/wsdmcourse2018/. (2018)
- High Performance Computing course at the Dept. of Management of the UniversitÓ Ca’ Foscari di Venezia. Topics: Python Programming, Problem Solving, Computational Thinking, Data Management. Material is available through the moodle. (2018)
- Introduction to Coding and Data Management course at the Dept. of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics of the UniversitÓ Ca’ Foscari di Venezia. Topics: distributed- multicore- GPU- programming. Material is available through the moodle. (2018)
- BDT: Gradient Boosted Decision Tables for High Accuracy and Scoring Efficiency. BDT is one of the commonly used algorithms for learning ranking functions. For instance, such methods are used to learn document ranking functions in Web search engines. The goal of the thesis is to improve the quality of the learnt models and to improve the efficiency of the training (e.g., via parallelization).
- Community Detection on the GPU. Community detection is one of the most common tasks in (social) network analysis. Mining large datasets is very challenging and computationally expensive. The goal of the thesis is to design a novel algorithm for mining communities in very large graphs (e.g., exploiting GPUs).
Contact me if you would like discuss about theses topics focusing on Data Mining and Information Retrieval.